- Please select:
Committee – Triathlon
Acts as the "voice" of triathlon coaches and triathletes to the rest of the committee. Responsible for ensuring that quality training sessions are being held as planned, and needs or issues are highlighted to the committee. Ensure that multisport remains a key area of focus for the club.
Specific activities / jobs
- Act as single point of contact for triathlon coaches.
- Be the triathlon coaching representative / liaison into the committee.
- Represent triathlon coaches’ needs to the committee with the intent to enable all coaches to offer the best possible training sessions.
- Keep information on training and fitness sessions, our coaches, and other relevant info up to date on the website.
- Keep up to date with BTF, Triathlon England, ASA, CTC, and other relevent coaching standards.
- Ensure the club has adequate coaches on staff, and succession plan by assisting new and existing coaches.
- Be the club's point of contact for Triathlon England's London Region Development Manager.
- Ensure participation in the National Club Triathlon Relays and similar competitions.
- London Triathlon League.
General duties and responsibilities
A key aspect is liaising between all Serpentine coaches and the committee, always with a view to deliver the best possible opportunities to club members. Equally it is paramount to ensure all relevant parties are kept informed of new developments.
Coaches - Work with coaches to ensure sessions are held regularly, in suitable locations, and meet members’ needs. Highlight any issues to the committee. Try to develop common goals and key races e.g. focus on London League events.
Health & Safety - Ensure all training activities are conducted in a safe and professional environment, with the health and safety guidelines set out by the club and other governing bodies observed at all times.
Serpentine swimming - book the pool and coaches as required for club swim sessions.
Cycle coordinators - ensure the club has cycle coordinators and that club cycling is conducted in a safe and friendly manner.
- Endurance Running Rep to coordinate running sessions for triathletes, to ensure coached sessions are targeted at Serpentine 'A' races
- Race Organisation Rep to assist if nessessary with the organisation of the J&H Duathlon
- Honorary Treasurer to ensure that swim session and triathlon coaching costs are effectively managed
- Club Kit Rep to ensure the kit needs of triathletes are met