Health and Safety
Club Health and Safety Policy Statement
Serpentine Running Club is strongly committed to encouraging our members to take part, but the health, well-being and safety of each individual is always our paramount concern. We recommend levels of training dependent on age and ability, and expect our athletes to participate within these boundaries.
Health and Safety Policy
To support our Health & Safety policy statement we are committed to the following duties:
- Undertake regular, recorded risk assessment of all sporting activities organised by the club
- Create a safe environment by putting health & safety measures in place as identified by the assessment
- Ensure that all members are given the appropriate level of training and competition by regularly assessing individual ability
- Ensure that all members are aware of, understand and follow the club’s health & safety policy
- Appoint a competent club member to assist with health and safety responsibilities
- Ensure that normal operating procedures and emergency operating procedures are in place and known by all members
- Provide access to adequate first aid facilities at all times including qualified first aider whenever possible
- Report any injuries or accidents sustained during any club activity or whilst on the club premises - see accident form
- Ensure that the implementation of the policy is reviewed regularly and monitored for effectiveness.
Members' Health and Safety Duties
- Take reasonable care for your own health & safety and that of others who may be affected by what you do or do not do
- Assess your own fitness levels and maturity as a competitor when deciding what training to undertake and what competitions to enter
- Co-operate with the club on health & safety issues
- Correctly use all equipment provided by the club
- Do not interfere with or misuse anything provided for your health, safety or welfare.