What is triathlon?
Triathlon is an event where competitors swim, bike and run. There are several standard distances for triathlons:
|Swim: 400m - 750m (often pool swims)
These distances can vary
depending on the venue
|Cycle: 20k||Run: 5k|
Usually open water
based in the sea, rivers or lakes
|Cycle: 40k||Run 10k|
|Half Iron Man Distance|
|Swim: 1.2 miles (1.9km)||Cycle: 56 miles (90km)||Run: Half marathon (13.1 miles)|
|Iron Man Distance|
|Swim: 2.4 miles (3.8km)||Cycle: 112 miles (180km)||Run: Marathon (26.2 miles)|
A run/bike/run or run/bike event over differing lengths
A swim/bike or swim/run event over differing lengths
There's lots of advice in this section for beginners and more experienced triathletes alike. Also see the many useful articles by our coaches.
These are MS Excel Spreadsheets which you should save to your own computer when prompted. As with all files downloaded from the internet, you should virus check these with an up to date virus scanner. Many of these files contain macros and you may need to alter your macro security options to allow them to work. See Macro Security in Excel's help.
- Year planner
- Quintin's base training Chuff Chart – a simple pen ‘n’ paper way to count down 100 hours of winter base training!
- Turbo training utility – helps you plan and execute turbo training sessions
- Turbo training plan – designed for cyclists and based on HR but might give you some ideas.
- Body weight graph – helps you monitor weight
- Training log – not on this site but a recommended simple training log.