- Add your name to the waiting list
- If you are already on the list, use this link if you'd like to delete your name from the list. Note that you must be logged onto the website to view this page.
- View the waiting list
- Existing swimmers may automatically renew their place each block. Those places that have not been renewed will be offered to people on the waiting list.
Distance Sessions at Orchard Lisle
Monday 7.00pm to 8.30pm
Location: Orchard Lisle Pool, Guys Hospital, London Bridge.
This is freestyle (crawl) training led by coaches overseeing four lanes. It is a 'yardage' rather than a teaching session but is suitable for all levels of swimmer if you can swim freestyle. Cost presently £90 for a 10-week block.
You need to be a current member of Serpentine Running Club to sign up for this session. There is a waiting list in operation, which allows for ten people to sign up at any one time. We ask people joining the waiting list to provide us with their most recent race swim split to ensure that there is parity between lanes. Although we try to be as fair as possible, we make our selection based on the coaches' advice, which means that despite being at the top of the list you may not be selected if it means that the lane most appropriate to your ability would then become overcrowded.
- The sessions at Orchard Lisle Pool are organised by Serpentine, and we pay for coaches from Love Swimming, so all payment and enquiries should be directed to the Serpentine swimming co-ordinator and not to the coaches.
- Because of the waiting list, you can't just drop in and try-out, but you are more than welcome to come down and spectate if you want a better picture of the structure and level.
- Payment is made via Entrycentral; a link will be sent to all swimmers who have a place near the end of each block.
- The cost covers pool hire and coaching fees and assumes that each session will not get 100% attendance. This means that missed sessions may not be made up in future blocks, and you cannot offer your place to someone else if you know in advance you will miss a session.
- We only charge to cover costs, so when pool hire fees are occasionally revised we have to increase the cost to Serpies.