This is a virtual competition over summer for the multi-event competitor. Any result (the best performance if the same event is done more than once) in at least 12 of the events below recorded between 1st April and 30th September will count for the final ranking. There are many chances to compete over the next six months and all our teams will be more than happy to have people willing to give it a go in many events.
We will have two competitions: one with absolute performance and one age-graded (using the IAAF age grading factor for icosathlon competitions — more info available on www.icosathlon.com).
Results will be uploaded here from time to time over the season.
Final results for 2016 are available at the links below. Winners for the 2016 Virtual Icosathlon are Eryn Lovell and Richard Taylor, who won both the overall and age-graded competitions for women and men respectively.
- The season runs from 1st April to 30th September (or at the T&F social if before)
- A minimum of 12 events to count for the final ranking
- Final score is calculated based on as many events as each athlete competes in (if more than 12)
- Two rankings will be calculated: one overall and one age graded, but each result should be made with senior implements
- We will have the same events for men and women, apart from 100/110m hurdles and 1500/3000m steeplechase
- Only points scored competing as Serpentine and recorded on this website will count
- U20 and below counts as senior for the purpose of the scoring (there is no age grading for them)
- In events where people take part but the performance is too low to record points with the official scoring system, 1 point is given to acknowledge the attempt
Note that this is a virtual competition. You don't need to do 20 events in one meeting... just use the entire season to collect as many points as possible!
- 100m/110m hurdles (women/men)
- 400m hurdles
- 1500/2000m steeplechase (women/men)*
- 2000/3000m steeplechase (women/men)
- Hammer throw
- Shot put
- Discus throw
- Javelin throw
- High jump
- Pole vault
- Long jump
- Triple jump
*1500/2000m steeplechase (for women/men) replaces the official 200m hurdles as this is a difficult event to find.
Unofficial Queen and King special mentions
Alongside the official competition, in 2017 we will introduce some special sub-competitions for those scoring more points in all type of similar events (jumps, hurdles, etc.) - no awards for this though, just eternal glory. To qualify for any of the below, you need to compete in ALL the events allocated to a category.
- King/Queen of Sprint - 100m, 200m, 400m
- King/Queen of Endurance - 800m, 1500m, 3000m, 5000m, 10000m
- King/Queen of Hurdles - 110m Hds (100m Hds for women), 400m Hds, 2000m s/c, 3000m s/c (1500m s/c)
- King/Queen of Jumps - HJ, PV, LJ, TJ
- King/Queen of Throws - SP, JT, DT, HT
The calculations will be managed by Nicola Barberis Negra. Please get in contact if you have any questions or comments.