Summer League Perivale Park Fixture
The third fixture in this 5 race series is less than two weeks away. This is a 5m (8km) race and will be hosted by the the Ealing Eagles at Perivale Park. The Ealing Eagles have had agreat turnout so far and no doubt will have an even bigger showing at this, their home, fixture. Don't forget post races there is a picnic and this will be followed by a de-camp to a local coffee bar afterwards. All are welcome.
Sunday 5th July 2015
- Main Race - 8 km - 10.00 amFollowed by
- "Tenderfoot Race" - 1.5–2K - Suitable for children from 7 years of age, runners returning from injury and runners who prefer to run a shorter distance.
- "Fun Run" - 400m- For children under 7 years.
- Relays" - 300-400m Suitable for all ages and abilities but you must have competed in the 8 km or Tenderfoot races. We can enter 3 teams if we get enough runners!
This race is a bit later but it is still Sunday morning so plan your journey and allow plenty of time.
For those using the public transport.
Perivale Park is located at the end of Stockdove Way, just off Argyle Road. The nearest tube station is Perivale (Central Line) which is about a 15 minute walk away. Alternatively, the park is around 2 miles from Ealing Broadway from where the following buses can be taken:
- 297 (alight at 'Perivale Lane' stop)
- E2, E7, E9 or E10 (alight at 'Gurnell Leisure Centre' stop)
Please note that South Greenford Rail Station is not in operation on Sundays.
For those who have not been to a Summer League fixture before, these events are open to all ages and abilities for all Serpentine members and their children. This is a great morning's running for the whole family and especially the juniors. Entry is free and there is no need to pre-register. However Perivale is a long haul for most of our club members so if you intend to race please register on the Serpentine Race Planner. This not only makes it easier for your volunteers on the day but allows you to request lifts if you don't have a car and offer lifts if you do have one.
Submitted: 25 June 2015