Southern 6-stage women's relays
Sign up now if you'd like to be on one of our teams at the SEAA relays in Milton Keynes on 27th March.
Dear Serpentine ladies,
The SEAA 6 Stage Road Relays will be taking place once again at Milton Keynes on Sunday 27th March 2011. The venue is the Open University Campus which offers a fully traffic free course and great spectator views.
The relays are teams of six where each girl runs 5.2km. Last year we had 2 teams. It would be great to make that 3 or even 4 this year!
The men's 12 stage race is on the same day which makes it a great Serpie day out.
The Serpettes have come a long way since this time last year and it would be fantastic to carry over the success we have had in cross country over the winter across into the summer season!
To qualify you need to:
- Be a first claim member of Serpentine.
- Be registered with England Athletics (you can do this on the Serpentine website)
- Be available for the majority of the day (10am to 6pm) to run as well as to support your team mates and the boys (although we can be flexible on this if you have other important pre-arranged commitments). Our race starts at 1pm.
- Be able to run 5k in 23mins or better (we want as many people as possible taking part but this is a championship and has minimum standards!)
These relays also serve as the qualifier for the National 6-stage Road Relays which will be held at Sutton Coldfield on Saturday 9th April. You can still do the southerns even if you are not available for the nationals and vice-versa.
If you would like to participate please SIGN UP here: http://www.serpentine.org.uk/pages/race_aaa_champs.html
In the comments box please write:
- Your expected 5km time on the day (NOT your PB - the standard you expect to be on the day taking into account fitness, training, previous illnesses etc)
- Any injuries you have now, that you hope to have overcome by the time the relay takes place - just to give me a heads up (but keep it short as you only have about 100 characters)
- Your availability (Yes/No) for the Nationals on Saturday 9th April
If you are not registered with EA, please do so now here: http://www.serpentine.org.uk/serpiebase/EAPay.php.
After a few days, please then contact EA to get your number at:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tel. 0121 713 8454
You must then go back to Serpiebase and add it to your membership record as we have no way of doing this due to the poor EA system :-(
We will all travel up together either by train or mini-bus. The club generously pays for our travel to and from the race.
If you haven't raced before and are interested, please get in touch!
And if you haven't got them already, you will also receive essential kit for the day. That being none other than red and yellow hair ribbons :-)
Hope to see the sign-up list being inundated with names! Please don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions!
Submitted: 7 February 2011