- Add your name to the waiting list
- If you are already on the list, use this link if you'd like to delete your name from the list. Note that you must be logged onto the website to view this page.
- View the waiting list
- Existing swimmers may automatically renew their place each block. Those places that have not been renewed will be offered to people on the waiting list.
Distance Sessions at the Seymour Centre
Monday 8.30pm to 9.30pm
Location: Seymour Centre.
This is a freestyle (front crawl) session led by one coach overseeing four lanes. It is a 'yardage' rather than a technique session and is suitable for swimmers who can cover 400m in 10 minutes or less. Cost will be £40.00 for all sessions. Coaching is by Serpentine coaches. The next set of sessions will run from September to November 2016.
You need to be a current member of Serpentine Running Club to sign up for this session. There is a waiting list in operation. Once the session is full it will allow for ten people to sign up at any one time. Those joining the waiting list need to provide us with their most recent race swim split to ensure that there is parity between lanes. Although we try to be as fair as possible, we make our selection based on the coach's advice, which means that despite being at the top of the list you may not be selected if it means that the lane most appropriate to your ability would then become overcrowded. If you are already signed up and attending the sessions there is no need to add your name to the waiting list as you will be given first refusal to sign up again.
- Please address any enquiries to the session coordinator.
- Because of the waiting list, you can't just drop in and try it out, but you are more than welcome to come down and spectate if you want a better picture of the structure and level.
- Payment will be made via EntryCentral; a link will be sent to all swimmers who have a place near the end of each block.
- The cost covers pool hire and assumes that each session will not get 100% attendance. This means that missed sessions may not be made up in future blocks, and you cannot offer your place to someone else if you know in advance you will miss a session.
- We only charge to cover costs, so when pool hire fees are occasionally revised we have to increase the cost to Serpies.
- Please think carefully before signing up as there is a policy of no refunds, transfers to another course or exchange of your place with another swimmer.