Serpentine track sessions are usually busy, with other clubs and members of the public also using the track.
To help track sessions run smoother for everyone, the following guidelines may be helpful:
- Make sure there are no runners coming before crossing the track
- Be prompt when preparing to start your session and never stand still on the track
- Stay as close as you can to the inside of the track when running in lane 1
- Use the outer lanes (lane 5 and 6) for recovery runs, warm-up and cool-down
- If passing another runner give them space, particularly when moving back into lane 1
- Check behind you when finishing a rep and be aware of other runners when moving into lanes 5 and 6 for recovery