- What email forums are available?
- How do I join?
- How do I unsubscribe?
- How do I change my email address?
- How do I get the daily digest instead?
- How do I get a Yahoo login (profile)
- What if I get too many emails
- How do I send a message?
- Can I send information about my business / event / charity?
- I sent my message and it hasn't appeared?
- Where can I get more help?
- Why am I not getting any messages?
- How can I get an "@serpentine.org.uk" email address?
Egroups - Frequently Asked Questions
We have one email forum:
- serpentine – for all Serpies
From the email account you receive the emails on, send an email (which can be blank) to:
To change the email address where you receive egroup messages, first make sure the new address you want to use is registered in SerpieBase – log in at www.serpentine.org.uk/serpiebase/ – and update your email address details to include the new address.
Next, simply follow the instructions on this page to unsubscribe using your current address and then subscribe again using your new address.
If you have a Yahoo account, you can also change your email address there via the preferences page (http://groups.yahoo.com/myprefs) but please remember that any email address you want to use for the Serpentine forums must be registered in SerpieBase.
Send an email (which can be blank) to:
Go to the Yahoo website and click 'Sign up' and complete the form to create a login. The registration process automatically creates a Yahoo email but you do not need to use it — just as you ensure you enter your real email address in the 'alternate email' field and your group membership(s) can be done with that. Once you're registered you can associate any other current email address(es) with your profile to gain access to the web pages of the egroup(s).
- You do not need the Yahoo email address, although the registration procedure is designed to confuse you into thinking you do (it will get created but just ignore it).
- Take a careful look at the Yahoo privacy and communications policies — they're rather more liberal than most people are happy with so take care to un-tick everything you don't want.
First, you need to be a member of the list you want to mail to. Then simply send your message to:
Your message will be sent automatically to every member of the group.
Only if it is directly relevent to running and triathlon. Please see the etiquette page.
Please be patient. Sometimes it can take 10 minutes or more for a message to be sent round. Please don't send it again, as this will result in duplicates.
Email the egroup administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org
The easiest way to see if there has been egroup activity is to check the Yahoo website. You should also check Yahoo to see if your email is bouncing. In both cases you need to have a Yahoo login (profile) associated with your egroup email address.
You need SerpieMail.