Welcome. Everything you need to know is online and race packs will not be sent in advance. Study the following information and the course details carefully!
|Date||Sunday 30 October 2016|
|Registration||The Triangle Carpark by West Carriage Drive, Serpentine Road, Hyde Park*, London|
|Distance**||Approximately 4.0km Run / 21.2km Bike*** / 7.4km Run|
* We share Hyde Park and Kensington Gardens with the public, please show them respect - competitors DO NOT have priority over other park users.
** Please note that due to frequent works in Hyde Park the run/bike/run courses may not be exactly the same from year to year.
*** Due to a clash with the changing of the Queen's Life Guard, there is a strict bike cut-off of 9:30 am. If you have not started your final lap by 9:10 am, you may be withdrawn from the race.
No entries on race day. The 2016 race is now SOLD OUT.
The popular race is often sold out within hours of entry opening. A waiting list will be in operation through www.entrycentral.com – you will be automatically notified should a place become available to you.’
|Online Entry Only||Enter at www.entrycentral.com|
|Race Numbers Pickup/ Timing Chip||At registration table on race day|
BTF licence must be seen on the day. If you forget your licence or it has expired, you must purchase a day licence (£3) at registration on race day.
SERPENTINE MEMBERS MUST CONTACT THE RACE ORGANISER BEFORE ENTERING.
- Entry to this race for Serpentine Running Club members is ONLY open to those who've received permission to enter from the Race Organiser.
- Anyone who enters without seeking permission first will be withdrawn from the race and charged an admin fee.
Withdrawal/Number Transfer Policy.
- If you are unable to race you may transfer your number to another person, or obtain a refund (minus an admin fee), up to midnight on Monday 17th October. THIS MUST BE AGREED with the race director.
- Refunds will only be processed where the place can be transfered to another person.
- To request a refund or to make a transfer, email the Race Organiser at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Transfer of numbers without approval of the Race Organiser can be dangerous if emergency services cannot reach the correct next of kin and also unfair as it can distort the results.
- Any unapproved number swaps will result in disqualification of the receiver of the number and a ban from all future Serpentine events for both parties.
The event is fully inclusive and accessible to triathletes of all abilities. If you have a specific need please contact the organiser who will discuss your requirements.
- Timing chips will be distributed to you at registration on race day.
- You must wear the timing chip on your left ankle in order to receive splits and final results. Your split times will be taken on entry and exit of transition and will also be used to check that you complete the correct number of bike laps.
- Backup time keeping requires that your number must be clearly visible on your front but also be prepared to shout your number to the time keepers.
- You are responsible for your timing chip from registration until you hand it in at the finish. Please read these instructions on how to fit your chip BEFORE race day.
- All competitors must report to the finish even if you are abandoning the race. Please stay in order after crossing the finish line.
- Timing chips will be collected at the finish line. IT IS ESSENTIAL THAT YOU RETURN YOUR TIMING CHIP. Failure to do so will result in an additional charge.
On-site mechanical/bike support
No bike service will be on-site to provide repairs, parts, and accessories.
- Medical support will be present near the Start / Finish areas. You should be relatively fit and have no known medical conditions.
- Please seek expert medical advise if you have any health concerns prior to the race.
- Bag Drop is available near registration and will be watched by marshals. Do not leave money or valuables as we cannot accept any responsibility for their loss.
- There are no showers or changing facilities in Hyde Park so come ready to race.
- The nearest public toilets are near the start on Serpentine Road and will be open from 7am (cost 20p).
- Food and hot drinks will be available at the Serpentine Bar & Kitchen after 8am.
- Hyde Park is a pretty nice place to hang out after the race and there are cafes at the eastern end of the Serpentine and at the Lido. If you don't come to this part of Central London much, how about a feed in the atmospheric Lebanese cafes on Edgware Road? Or head south from the park and join the ladies who lunch in Harvey Nic's! See the map on the Royal Park's website for other park facilities.
Race results will be posted on this website as soon as possible, and sent via SMS to all competitors. DBMax will also be providing live results (updated in real time during the race).
- Cash Prizes and carved pumpkin awards will be presented to the following:
- Overall Male & Female first, second and third place (Overall Male & Female will be removed from the individual age division awards).
- First place finishers in each age category (V40, V50, V60 etc).
- First, second and third place male and female teams (3 to score).
- BEST FANCY DRESS COSTUME!
A link to race photos will be posted on this website as soon as possible.
Travel Advice - Go Greener!
- Transport has major impact on climate change. To save time, money, improve fitness and help protect the environment, why not follow a travel hierarchy to the race by: choosing to walk, cycle or use public transport and, finally if you must use a car, try sharing.
- Cycling - It's a fantastic way to warm up your legs. Please remember that cycling is not allowed on many of Hyde Park's footpaths - when making your way to and from the race please respect this and don't risk creating ill-feeling with the park authorities and users. This might prevent this event from being run in the future.
- Parking - There is limited parking in the area - parking is available at the Diana Fountain and the Triangle Car Park, both off West Carriage Drive, and there are spaces on West Carriage Drive itself. Please note that parking is not free after 8:30 am. Underground Parking is available at the Park Lane Car Park.
- The Royal Parks for their continued cooperation in helping us stage this race in such a beautiful venue.
- Sundried activewear for finisher goodies.
- Most importantly, the marshals and officials - all volunteers from Serpentine Running Club – without whom this race would not be possible.