Jekyll & Hyde Park Hallowe'en Duathlon Course
Please note that there are changes to the start location, transition, bike course and a small part of the run course this year due to cycle superhighway and crane works on South Carriage Drive.
"Digital Data © Geoinformation Group (2006)"
The entire race is held within Hyde Park and Kensington Gardens. We share Hyde Park and Kensington Gardens with the public, please show them respect - competitors DO NOT have priority over other park users.
Start/Finish - in front of the triangle car park on Serpentine Road, just past the Boathouse
Registration - at the Triangle Carpark, Serpentine Road (by West Carriage Drive)
Run Course 1 - clockwise around the lake, marked in red
Bike Course - clockwise crescent using Serpentine Road and South Carriage Drive, marked in blue
Run Course 2 - anti-clockwise around the lake, marked in red
- First Leg: Run 1 lap of the Serpentine on tarmac paths - 4.0km
- Second Leg: Cycle 10 laps of Serpentine Road and South Carriage Drive (narrow path and road closed to traffic; Serpentine Road barriered to pedestrians). Don’t be fooled, it’s not flat but it should be fast and the road surface is good. 180 degree dead turn at both ends – 21.2km.
- Due to clash with the changing of the Queen's Life Guard, there is a strict bike cut-off of 9:30am. If you have not started your final lap by 9:15am, you may be withdrawn from the race.
- Every year a few competitors complete the wrong number of laps. It is surprisingly difficult to count to ten as you get tired. A handy tip is to attach 10 small pieces of tape, one for each lap, to your bike frame. Peel one off at the end of each lap and when you have one left you know you are on your last lap.
- Third Leg: Run 2 laps of the Serpentine on tarmac paths - 7.4km
Transition Area: There is only one transition area for this event situated in between the Serpentine Bar & Kitchen and the Boathouse. Competitors must run with their bike for a short distance between transition and the bike course and vice-versa.
Timing: This event will be chip timed! We will be providing race day results as well as split times that will be posted within 24-48 hours of the event.
Water: Water will be available along run course and finish area. Please bring and carry your own water / fluid for your bike leg.
Fancy Dress: Hallowe'en costumes are encouraged!