- Please select:
Committee – Communications
The role of the Communications representative on the Committee is to consider and manage the most appropriate method and content of communications within the club.
Specific activities / jobs
- Membership pack
- News feed
- Mailing lists
- Social media
- Press and other enquiries regarding communicating to and about the club
General duties and responsibilities
To ensure that those communicating or vetting the communications of others (e.g. news story writers, e-group moderator) have guidance over the appropriateness of communications. This applies particularly to issues of safety. Supporting those passing on information with effective tools, and advising about the most appropriate tools for the message and audience.
Given the sophistication and breadth of the club's website, the role also requires overseeing some technology aspects related to the website. This does not require the Communications rep to be a technology expert, however, they need to work with the webmaster to co-ordinate and advise on the overall website / technology strategy.
Note that the rep for Communications does not act as either a censor or a writer for the Committee. However, in certain cross-Committee projects there is a clear role for the support of the rep for Communications in stepping into a "press office" role, managing how information is communicated to the membership.
The rep for Communications ensures that others are informed about how to ensure that their communications comply with the club's safety and protection policies.
- Honorary Secretary and Club Runs & Mentoring Rep for content and distribution of membership pack
- Race Organisation Rep for club race communications both internally to members and externally to participants
- Competition Rep for communications regarding club priority events
- Facebook administrator(s)
- Serpentimes editor
- E-group moderator(s)
- External relations mailbox coordinator