Help make the New Year's Day 10k a great event
If you can help, please Sign up
We already have 650+ runners signed up for the Start Fitness New Year's Day 10k and 3k and really want to put a great event on for them, so if you can spare some time to help on 1 January 2016 in Hyde Park, please do sign up.
1 January 2016
- Course markers, helpers at registration and those setting up the finish will need to arrive in Hyde Park by approx. 08:30am
- Marshals and other helpers will need to arrive by 09:45am.
- The event will be finished by 2pm.
Roles for helpers
When you SIGN UP TO HELP if you want to opt for a specific role/area to help in, please add this in the Notes section of the sign up page. We will do our best to accommodate your wishes. If no area is specified, we will allocate you to one at our discretion.
It would be good if we can get a mix of new volunteers as well as seasoned veterans on the day.
Driver/s needed on 31 December, 1 & 2 January
We are also seeking volunteer drivers to assist us with the vital logistics around race day including:
- Collecting a hire van
- Driving to the Seymour Centre to colect race equipment on 31 December
- Driving the van to the race on 1 January, then to a safe parking spot after the race
- Driving our loaded van on 2 January to the Seymour Centre and unloading the contents into the club room helped by other volunteers
- And finally return the van to the hire company.
If you can drive and are able to help us with some or all of this vital job, please let us know by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Social run for helpers
Liz will be leading an informal social run on Thursday 31st before loading the van, to give you a chance to get to know the race course and make some friends with fellow Serpie helpers before race day.
Lastly, we cannot stress enough that we need assistance from club members to make this event happen. We very much appreciate any help you are able to offer.
Liz Wynn and Daisy Gladstone
Race Director and Race Organisation
Submitted: 10 November 2015