Entries open for the Southerns
The South of England cross country championships (the Southerns) take place on Saturday 28th January 2017 at Parliament Hill, Hampstead Heath, London. As with all championship races, advance entry is required and the closing date for entries is Sunday 11th December.
A POLITE REQUEST
Each year we have a large number of entries for this race which is great, followed by a much higher drop out on the day compared to other races - as high as 40% one year - which is not great. As the entry fee is £7 per person, please can you consider the following before you enter:
- Am I definitely free that day? If yes and you enter, put it your diary so you can't double book yourself.
- What other races am I doing? If you have a key race, around this time, you need to consider if this race is part of your overall race strategy or not. If in doubt, please speak to one of the club's coaches who can advise.
By entering this race you are committing to racing unless something unforseen e.g. a new injury or sickness prevents you from doing so. And if you can't race, please tell me or your team captain before the race.
Thanks very much.
Saturday 28th January 2017 at Parliament Hill, Hampstead Heath, London.
- Under 15 Boys 4500 metres 11:00 am (Ages 13 & 14 on 31st Aug 2016)
- Under 13 Girls 3000 metres 11:20 am (Ages 11 & 12 on 31st Aug 2016)
- Under 13 Boys 3000 metres 11:35 am (Ages 11 & 12 on 31st Aug 2016)
- Under 15 Girls 4000 metres 11:50 am (Ages 13 & 14 on 31st Aug 2016)
- Under 17 Men 6000 metres 12:10 pm (Ages 15 & 16 on 31st Aug 2016)
- Under 20 Women 6000 metres 12:40 pm (Ages 17, 18 & 19 on 31st Aug 2016)
- Under 17 Women 5000 metres 1:05 pm (Ages 15 & 16 on 31st Aug 2016)
- Under 20 Men 8000 metres 1:30 pm (Ages 17, 18 &19 on 31st Aug 2016)
- Senior Women 8000 metres 2:05 pm (Age must be 20 or over on 31st Aug 2016)
- Senior Men 15000 metres 2:50 pm (Age must be 20 or over on 31st Aug 2016)
Race entry criteria
To enter you MUST:
A) Be currently registered with England Athletics
B) Be a first claim member of Serpentine Running Club
If you've not registered with England Athletics yet, please do so via your membership page on the Serpie website before enailing me to enter.
We can enter as many runners as we want (that meet the criteria above) and the club will pay your entry fee for you, but you must enter in advance. NO ENTRIES ON THE DAY OR NUMBER SWAPPING!
How do I enter?
To enter, please email me, Lisa Pettit, the following information:
- Your name (full name as you registered with on the Serpie database)
- Your England Athletics registration number (you can find this on your England Athletics card or Serpie membership page)
- Your date of birth
You need to email me, Lisa Pettit, by midnight Sunday 11th December. Any late entries will not be included.
If anyone has any questions about entering the Southerns please email me and I'll be happy to help you.
Thanks very much
Cross Country Team Manager
Submitted: 27 November 2016