New Running Technique Course (RunTech) - Sign Up Now Open
The Club is laying on another Running Technique Course starting this Thursday 4th October. Read on for more details...
Each session will last approximately 60-75mins and will comprise a mix of the following:
- Video of running form on the 1st and last day
- Dynamic Warm-up
- Balancing exercises (to improve co-ordination, balance, alignment and core strength)
- Technique drills including marching, skipping and running drills (to encourage good form)
- Plyometric exercises (to improve power and co-ordination)
- Shoulder and pelvis mobility exercises (for improved contra-rotation)
- Hurdle Drills (to increase hip flexibility and range of movement)
- Speed Agility Quickness drills (to encourage good form, improve reaction time, speed and power)
- Core conditioning and strength exercises
- Cool down including stretching for flexibility
- Homework exercises including videos of all the exercices as an aide memoire
There were 2 coaching conferences over the weekend, the 1st included a seminar on how hurdle drills are useful for all athletes and the 2nd a seminar on Plyometrics. This seems to support the course agenda and the latest plyo thinking from the seminar will be incorported in the coaching.
There will be 2 courses in the new series, both at Paddington Rec on Thursdays:
- Session 1 at 6:30pm to 7:30+pm
- Session 2 at 7:45pm to 8:45+pm
- Dates: October: 4th / 11th / 18th / 25th November 1st
- Cost: £55. (there is a fee for changing at Paddington Rec of ~£1.50 but the track is free)
- All details, payment and sign up can be found here: http://runtech4serpies.wikispaces.com/Series5-Pad+Rec
- Note: If there is not enough demand for 2 sessions, a single session will start at 7pm
The course wil be taken by Andrew Reeves. Any questions and for payment details please contact him directly.
Submitted: 2 October 2012