Last Chance! Men's SEAA 6-Stage Road Relays 26th September
Last chance to compete against the top 60 teams from the South of England in Rushmoor Arena, Aldershot. If you want to be part of this contact Andrew.Reeves@serpentine.org.uk
It's that time of year again when we send teams of 6 runners to do battle with 60 of the top club teams from the South of England in Rushmoor Arena, Aldershot.
After our successes at the 12-Stage in April when both our teams qualified for the National Finals, we are looking to put forward as many teams as possible.
Date: Men: Sunday 26th September (Women: Saturday 25th September - details to follow from Ladies Captain)
Time: Senior Men 2:30pm (Vet Men: 12:30pm, 4 stages only - details to follow from Vets Captain)
Place: Rushmoor Arena, Aldershot
Travel: We will be going down by train as a team, details tbc (fare paid by the club)
Distance: Approx. 6km (2 lap course)
To qualify you need to:
- Be a first claim Serpie
- Be paid up with EA (as almost all of you should/will be anyway)
- Be available for the whole afternoon (Noon to 6pm) to run, as well as
to support your team mates (although we can be flexible on this if you have
other important pre-arranged commitments)
If you would like to run please email me the following details:
- Your best 5k and 10k times this year as well as current/likely form if different
- Any time constraints on the day
- Your availability for the National Finals on Saturday 16th October
- Whether you have recently been injured and are still recovering but hope you will be fit in time
- NB: Please think carefully about your availability as pulling out at the last minute obviously has implications for your other team members and the club.
The top 25 teams automatically qualify for the ERA National Finals at Sutton Coldfield, Birmingham but you can run one without running the other, so please contact me even if you cannot make the heats or vice-versa.
The weather gods usually smile on us at this event (apart from when it snowed!) and it's a great course for spectating/supporting. Dont worry too much about your standard - that will just come out in the wash as we arrange the teams (hopefully A to D!). All supporters also welcome.
Submitted: 6 September 2010