Summer League 2nd Fixture of 2015 & 2014 Awards
The medal winners for last year's summer league and details of the next fixture on Sunday 14 June
Last year Serpentine came in at 4th place by points, we scored 17,643 and the winners scored 20,662; we could do better as a club but we did have some great individual achievements.
- Keith Evans won the V75 category and Calvin Mullings won the Senior Men
We also had the following silver medalists
- Marianne Morris for VF60 and
- Catie and Megan Reid for 7 and 9 years old respectively
And last but by no means least
- Brandon Reid got the bronze in the 11 years old category
Well done to all. The medals can be collected at the next fixture in Harrow or sent in the post. If you would like your medal posting, please contact email@example.com and let us know where to send it to.
Can you be Heroic in Headstone? Serpentine needs you!
The second fixture in this 5 race series is less than two weeks away. This is a full 10k race and will be hosted by the Metros at Headstone Manor Recreation Ground, Harrow. The Metros have a reputation for being both welcoming and providing a fabulous post race picnic.
For those who have not been to a Summer League fixture before, these events are open to all ages and abilities for all Serpentine members, and their associated offspring. Entry is free and there is no need to pre-register. However Harrow is a long haul for most of our club members so if you intend to race please register on the Serpentine Race Planner. This not only makes it easier for your volunteers on the day but allows you to request lifts if you don't have a car and offer lifts if you do have one.
Sunday 14th June 2015
- Main Race - 10K - 9:3 am
- "Tenderfoot Race" - 1.5–2K - 10:45am Suitable for children from 7 years of age, runners returning from injury and runners who prefer to run a shorter distance.
- "Fun Run" - 400m- 11:15am For children under 7 years.
- Relays" - 300-400m -11:25am Suitable for all ages and abilities but you must have competed in 10 k or Tenderfoot. We can enter 3 teams if we get enough runners!
All options involve a few minutes walk so plan your journey and allow plenty of time.
For those using the public transport some nearby tube stations are:
- Harrow-on-the-Hill Underground then take bus H18
- Northwick Park Underground Station then take bus H9
- Rayners Lane Underground Station then take bus H10.
- Pinner and Harrow & Wealdstone may also be options for some of you.
Submitted: 5 June 2015